Babies belong with families.
It would cost a Tanzanian family roughly $2.50-3.00 a day to provide formula to an infant whose mother has died. The average daily income in Tanzania is $1.30. Families sacrifice everything to care for their babies, but often lose the battle and the child passes away or ends up in an orphanage.
The Maisha Matters Project, run by the Forever Angels Baby Home staff, aims to keep families together by empowering them to work their way out of abject poverty and care for their children at home.
- Provides life saving formula to malnourished babies who have no other nutrition available.
- Provides training and support to educate families in hygiene, nourishment and child care.
- Provides this formula support to babies in their own homes, in their own communities so that they can live their life with their families rather than in an orphanage.
- Supports these families with seed capital grants to set up their own small scale business so that they can support their families now and in the future.
- Provides on-going support to help families grow together.